The other day Caleb managed to find a blue ink pad while I was in the bathroom. I guess him, Ben, and Trish were all playing stamps and one got left on the floor. He smeared it all over his face! It was kind of funny coming out of the bathroom to little boy blue! Thankfully, it was non-toxic. It took forever to get off though, about six wipes, two baths, and a soapy wash cloth scrubbing! He still had a blue hue for a day or two. He didn't want me to take his picture until I had him look in the mirror. He was a bit suprised at what he had done to himself, and then he totally showed off for pictures. Silly kid!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Blue birds and blue faces.
Caleb has these 3 toy birds, a Cardinal, a Black Caped Chickadee, and a Blue Jay. They are all round and when squeezed they make the sound of that bird. Kalika loves birds. When we moved in, she decided that these birds should be hers. She would sniff them out and find them, under couches, on top of chairs, and even in Calebs toy box. Any time the toy box was pulled out from the end table, she would stick her nose in it and push other toys around until she found one of the birds. She always gave herself away though by squeezing them in her mouth. Then we would here them chirping and know she had one. She took a special liking to the Blue Jay. Eventually we gave up trying to keep that one from her as she had gotten often enough it was looking pretty dingy. Trish just said to let her have that one. Besides, Caleb had lost interest and the other two had gone MIA. Kalika was so happy to be allowed to have it. She carried it around squeeazing it for days and making it chirp. She threw it in the air and ran after it, and she slept with it. She gaurded it diligently from the Cat and from their dog. But, the last few days I noticed her playing with it less and less. Then I noticed it had stopped chirping. I guess she wore out the batteries. Yesterday, I suddenly heard a chirping. I hunted Kalika down and guess what...she had found the Cardinal! So, now she carries that one around everywhere with her. Stinker. Here are some really cute pictures of her and her baby blue jay. Isn't she the cutest puppy ever?!!!!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! Great post, V! Love the photos and stories. :)
Post a Comment