Friday, July 4, 2008

It's been a tough week

Well, my 22nd year definately started of with a bang, a not so pleasant one.

Ok, so that day wasn't as horrible as I made it seem. Tuesday, July 2nd I celebrated my birthday. I worked 12 hours. But, the boys excitedly gave me their present, 2 Natalie grant c.d's, a cute bag, a water bottle, and they are now sponsoring a little boy from Africa since I'm sponsoring a little girl. He shares Ben's birthday which, coincidently is the day before mine. Once Mom got home, we bagged bedtime and they took me out to Baskin Robins, which was really nice. I ended the day by writing a paper. I did however get to bed before midnight.

Wednesday I was grumpy, irriated, and plain did NOT want to work. I had no choice though, and it was a busy day for the boys. I ended up not even hearing my phone ring, and as I pulled out of the driveway I checked my messages to learn my grandpa had passed. We knew it was coming as grandma dicontinued dialysis but, it came way faster, and it was a big blow. It's easy to pretend the inevitable won't really happen... at least "not yet"...

Today my Dad has surgery. My brother worked all day so, I was the only one around. I gave him a ride to the hospital, ran to get groceries, went to my Dr. appt. and back to the hospital. His Hernia was bigger than they had anticpated but, the surgery went well and while we didn't get home until about 6, he is doing quite well and pretty mobile. I'm suprised.

I did some more grocery shopping, picked up a new collar and name tag for my brothers dog, and a new water bowl for the dogs. I also picked up a spedometer for myself and a water proof watch. My friend Alicia and I went for a good long walk, showed off some funny YouTube videos to one another and it was a good end to the day. I wasn't the best of company I'm sure. I'm dissapointed because tomorrow was suppose to be the 1st day off we both had in forever and guess what....she got called in to work 1-5. Grrr...

Another good friend, mentor and AMAZING woman in my life is moving to Texas on the 11th. We were suppose to get plenty of time together one monday. We were going to meet at a cute cafe, then go for a super long walk. Talk bunches, and say "goodbye". Well, I still get to see her but, different time of day, different timing, and much shorter period of time.

It just to much dissappointment for a day.

Please pray:
I will be able to get all my school work done and done well
my grandma heals and griefs in a healthy manner
My current HA goes away
My sisters heart will soften enough to come to the service...I know one day she'll regret not
I have a good day tomorrow, and over all, a better week!
I'd feel Christ's peace and rest all over me. I need is restoration now.

till next time....

No comments: