Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hi/Lo Thursday

This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts and for a chance to win $100.


Here is a new blog carnival I thought I would participate in. The carnival is put on by the Riggs family, whose daughter (from Guatemala) has Luekemia and is undergoing a very hard form of treatment. Please join me in prayer for sweet Abby.

For sure, my Low for this week was dropping out of college and then having to tell my Dad. I'd fallen seriously behind in classes since my Dad started treatment and it got to a desperate point. I knew I could never catch up. I really though my other family member, especially my Mom would step up and help me more with caring for my Dad but, no one has really. So, gladly I put Dad first. This put me behind and finally I called my academic advisor to withdraw from classes. Besides putting my pride aside the hard part was that we will still have to pay for these classes. My Dad is already so stressed out and full of anxiety with everything, including finances. He helps me so much with classes and I knew it would weigh on him having to pay for these classes now, and again later when I re-enroll. I hate having to do it.

The High for me was definately when God gave me a word for my Uncle out of a passage in Numbers. The story of Balak and Balam where Balak wants Balam to curse the Israelites but God only allows Balam to speak blessings. He showed me how we can pray for God to only allow and ex employer who would spread lies about my uncle to only be allowed to speak blessings and good things about my Uncle. It was so clear to me what God was asking us to do, and I could see how relieved my Uncle was when I shared that with him!

1 comment:

junglemama said...

I am so sorry about college. I hope that a year from now things are drastically better for your family.