Sunday, May 3, 2009
I don't know why but, I feel God the most when I am at the beach. Some friends of mine live across the street from a park that goes down to the beach (Puget Sound). Half of it is an off leash dog beach. This weekend I got to babysit for their two sweet boys. Unless the weather is horrible, I always make sure we walk down to the water when I watch them. I know they sometimes they take for granted that they are SO close (they have admitted as much) but, I do not. For some reason WHENEVER I go to the beach I just FEEL God, I see Him, hear Him. I know God is everywhere. I know that he is always with me but nature is just one way I am easily reminded of His presence, and the beach especially makes me feel close to him. Maybe it has something to do with my love for water, maybe because I grew up hearing Lorretta Lynn singing "footprints in the sand" on my Moms car tape player, I'm not sure. Even amidst playing with two young boys and keeping my on two crazy spaniels, I could feel a peace as I walked barefoot in the sand. Of course every time I looked up I got to see a setting sun that looked like this:
and how could I not know and believe that there is something bigger than me out their?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment