I know the bible says their is a time a season for everything, a time to morn and a time to dance, a time for joy and a time for sorrow, a time to plant and a time for uproot, and all that. I didn't know there was a boring season. That's where I am at. I'm bored. I live at home with my Dad and little brother, I'm going to school online, working only 10 hours a week, and not much more. Some might call it a season of rest. I think it's the winding down of my season as a student. I hope it's the beginning of the permanent ending to my residing in my fathers home. I need it to be the opening season of drawing closer to God and going deeper with my faith. I anticipate the next few years bringing big changes, and exciting seasons, stepping out on my own as an independent young adult, becoming a career woman, falling in love, parenthood.
But, I don't know what to do with myself for the next few months. For 6 more months I must wade through THIS season. I've been in seasons that aren't busy but, I've never been in a season that is relatively safe and free of major stresses. I just don't know how to live like this. When I moved home I thought it would be a bit of an easy season, and then my Dad got sick. Now that he is 6 months into remission and rehabilitating well, I'm able to breathe easier. Family life is still dysfunctional but, we have settled into a new sort of normal for all of us. While I have minimal hours at work which poses some financial worries, it's a relatively easy job for me, which I absolutely love.
I feel a little lonely this holiday season, I must admit. No because I'm single but simply because most of my friends are in such different seasons, and I'm just not very connected with many of them, and I also don't have a car, which makes things hard in the social interaction department.
The odd thing is that in this season I feel very lazy, and unmotivated. I know this COULD be a busy season if I wanted it too be. I could be heavily involved in ministry, in volunteer work, in organizing/cleaning/rearranging our house, losing weight, and much more. Part of me really wants that but, I just can't seem to bring myself to take those first steps. Part of me doesn't want any of that, and feels guilty for wanting to selfishly indulge in laziness. I often feel like in this season I am apathetic about life.
I also feel like I am the only one in this season. I feel like other young women in my life are doing so much more with their lives, and I feel jealous, and guilty, and wonder if I will have make a difference in someone's life. I wonder if I will ever be warrior for Christ. Will I lead someone to a relationship in Christ? Will I comfort a hurting soul? Will I ever love with all my heart? Will I gain self control over my body, with food, actions, exercise?
I think I'm finally starting to realize the problem with all this though... the problem is "I" Will "I" or "I" feel.... maybe this season is MEANT to be. Maybe I can full embrace the finishing of my education, and the sleeping in a twin sized bed, and walking my childhood neighborhood. Maybe I need to rejoice in the extra time I get to spend with my sweet nephew which will be cut dramatically short when I begin a full time job, the extra afternoon naps that won't exist when I'm a mother of small children, and the ability make plans with out checking in with a significant first. But most of all, I DO need to draw into God more. It's so easy to let him just be a statement rather than a Savior, and an active part of life when things are easy and slow. My morals are the same, my claim of Christianity isn't a problem but, actively seeking Him, showing my love for Him, making Him a priority, isn't. Why is it that he is so easily dismissed in the absence of Crisis or greatness in my life? How do I change that? How do I become less talk and more action?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment