Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Men In my life.

On nights like tonight, when I'm tired, I want it to just be quiet, I want to be left alone, not talked to, not asked questions, I don't want to hear anyones voice, I want to watch my shows without interuptions.... it's easy to forget that I love my Dad. It's easy to forget how close I came to not ever hearing his voice again. So while I'm currently frustrated and annoyed, while his voice is grating on my nerves (just being honest here) and I wish he would go to bed (when I'm the one who really should) I'm going to be grateful he is still here.

I'm going to be grateful for all the important men in my life: My Dad. My Brother. My Nephew. I know God ordained each of them for me, for my family.


1 comment:

Kortney said...

I admire you for trying to love your dad at his most unloveable moments. You are amazing, Violet.

Btw, an FYI: I changed my blog domain so you may want to update your link list on the side of your blog. The new domain is http://twentyfirstcenturynomad.blogspot.com.