Monday, May 17, 2010

My nieces make me smile EVERY day! Jae's excitement when I come home, Ashlynn's little voice saying "AAAA Tee", so precious!

I go for long walks, almost every day. The scenery is breathtaking. I live in the mountains. There are LOTS of ravines, lots of trees, lots of ponds and creeks and rivers. Lots of wildlife to hear and see.

I'm making new friends. They make life here easier, they bless me. They are teaching me much about different life styles, different belief systems, and how even if they don't believe like I do, they can still be amazing, loving, generous, quality people.

I'm recreating myself. Who I am and who I want to be are different than who I was 3 months ago, or who I wanted to be.

I'm exhausted but I'm happy. This new life is creating new challenges of it's own, and reminding me of old insecurities I thought I'd conquered but actually have not. It's also showing me that things I thought were major challenges, were actually easily overcome.

I'm starting to miss home. Mostly, my nephew and Joanna's family. I'm also realizing how many of my THINGS I miss. Books, my roller blades, my bed, my bike, my kitchen things... not that those things are particularly important... I just miss them. I miss my neighborhood, just walking around the block I grew up on and have SO many memories.

I'm starting to see HERE as home, and know if I left, I would miss here.

I'm starting to feel like this isn't where I'm meant to be. Like, now that I'm here, so many other options are open to me, and it wouldn't be so scary. Maybe I'm suppose to end up in another city in Ca. close by. Maybe I will move to yet another new state, maybe some other country. I just know that "this is not my home".... yet EARTH isn't my home, so I'm sure I would feel that way ANYwhere I lived.

I'm starting to REALLY wish I would meet someone. THE someone. I'm tired of being single.

I really enjoy my new church. Amazing worship. Amazing people.

My job is a challenge. But I love it.

So many changes....



1 comment:

Kortney said...

Many changes fo sho!! I miss my "things" all the time--it's pretty normal. As for home, I find that I can be at home when I'm not at home and not at home when I am at home. Does that make sense? lol. Let me clarify: home has always been for me a place where I feel connected with a community of friends and have ample things to do. Sydney is my new "home" but knowing no one and finding everything too expensive to do, it feels like a foreign land. Where you are now may not be "home" but you'll find one someday! ;) You are blessed where you are though--wonderful new friends, a great church, a fulfilling job! You are on the best adventure, Violet; enjoy the ride!