Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1: Gen 1- Gen 16 Random thoughts.....

The VERY FIRST eating plan for humanity and all living things: Eat all plants the produce seeds, eat all green plants. Then in Gen 9: God gives us meat to eat.... "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands.3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Why am I so surprised by my own discomfort with my body, why is it so surprising that so many people struggle with body image? Even Adam and Eve were ashamed of their bodies and covered themselves up once they ate of the tree of knowledge. Body image has been a struggle for Men and Women since the MOMENT of the fall.

I've always imagined the loss of a child must bet he WORST kind of loss and my heart breaks for any mother that has lost their child. Eve was the very first mother, and the very first mother to lose a child... Abel, by the very hand of her other child Cain.

Can you imagine just beginning to bear children at 100? What must the aging process have been like? To live over 900 years?!

Kenan: a descendant of Seth with a cool name :0)

Enoch did not die. Enoch did not live almost a millennium. Enoch Walked with God and was no more....

What are nephilim? Why exactly did God se an age cap BEFORE The flood?

WHat is the difference between the "Sons of God" and "Daughters of Humans"

I want to be "found righteous in this Generation" as the Lord found Noah to be in his

In Ch. 8 God says "as long as the earth endures..." What does that mean? The Earth could stop enduring? We can use up our resources and Earth could no longer support humanity? What?

GEn says that from the 3 sons of Noah came all the people that scattered through the whole Earth...

New languages didn't stat at Babel. The started at the sons of Javan from Japheth: Gen 10:4

Gen. 11: The story of Babel.

Ch. 12 beginning of Abram's story... Abram's first mistake: Lying about Sarai being his sister to Egypt's Pharaoh.

Abram accepted nothing from the King of Soddom, so he could accredit any wealth etc. he built on God alone.

Abraham at first believed the Lords promise for an Heir, a child of his own flesh.

I would like God to help me pick out the names of my future children the way he picks out so many names in the bible. I'd also love insight into who those children are going to be... yet I wonder how I would take such infomration, like Hagar got of her son Ishmael. It WASN'T all good!!!!

No comments: