The past two weeks have been crazy, we have had record breaking heat, and record breaking snow, I completed two weeks of school in less than a week, was in a wedding, made a trip to the zoo, and spent time with friends.
April 12th dawned bright and warm! We got plenty of yard work done and played hard. It topped off at 82 degrees, freakishly warm for April in Seattle. We loved it. We knew our cold gloomy days were ending. Or, so we thought.
Molly was really enjoying having everyone outside, their were plenty of peoples feet to drop a ball at, and someone was bound to throw it!
Kalika thought ALex had the right idea to sit in the shade, she had no problem joining him. As you can see, Alex is REALLY enjoying the warm weather.
Sammy the cat found a comfy cushion to sit on in the shade, he had to supervise the dogs.
Ashton is our neighbors little girl, she really enjoyed playing with the boys and being able to wear her sun dresses.
We filled up the pool for the kids. The water was sooo...cold, Ben enjoyed it anyway.
Alex was cracking up at me because I was throwing a hissy fit about playing in the sand and getting it under my nails. I don't like sand boxes, they are gross. I do however like to play in the sand at the beach...and I don't mind mud either. I just hate sand boxes....

Caleb was so excited to have water in the pool.
He is getting ready to try it.
So often we tell him n0t to get in the pool when it has rain water in it, he was a little suprised we weren't stopping him.
This would be Caleb saying "TOO COLD"! He didn't stay in for long.
All the signs were apparent, big pink cherry blossom,
leaves budding on trees
Tulips and Daffodils in full bloom.
Needing to wear sunglasses
Shorts and tanks....warm weather and blue skies...it was spring....right?
Apparently not. Exactly a week later, April 18 and 19th, we saw another freakish weather system for Seattles April...snow, and snow accumulating, from 1-8 inches up and down the coast! My good friend of 11 years was getting married on the 19th. About 6 months ago she made a comment about how it would be COOL if it snowed at her wedding. I made a comment about how that would NEVER Happen because it was in mid APRIL....we both ate our own words when it did snow, and she realized she didn't really want it too! It all turned out ok though and made for some fun pictures and a story to remember.
Bride and groom to be, at rehearsal dinner, in the SNOW.
Say What? Snow? In late April????
The day of Sams wedding dawned early for all of us, and SNOWY, since it snowed the day before, I was sure it would be gone by the morning. The lady who did our hair had this tulip growing in her front yard. How weird to see snow on top of a tulip. It happened to be the same color as the ones we had for the wedding. By the end of the wedding, it was sunny and their was NO snow in sight! CRAZY.
These are the 5 precious flower girls. 4 of them are sisters, and 1 is their cousin
This is my good friend Smamanatha and I on her wedding day. She was a BEAUTIFUL bride! I was honored to be a bridesmaid.
April 21st was a pretty nice day, not incredibly warm but warm enough to spend a bit of time outside with long sleeves. I went to visit the Allinsons, and we had alot of fun!
A couple week ago there cat Lilly had 4 kittens. They are sweet as sugar!
Aren't they the cutest things ever? The black and gray one's are spoken for but the little twin gray/white ones need homes.
How precious, snuggles with each other and mom! I think they will be long haired, they are sooo...soft.
Here are the twins that still need a home. The only differences are one is smaller, and one has bigger/lighter patches under it's ears. I THINK one is a girl and one is a boy but, it is hard to know for sure when they or SO small.
This is my favorite of the kittens, it is so pretty. It is the one the Allinsons are keeping. They might name it Tiger, in which cases they will have Tiger-Lilly. I think they should name it Iagor but, thats just me :)div>
Here is one of the kitties that still needs a home.
This sweet little runt still needs a home.
Levi LOVES the kitties. He says "my baby kitties". It is a good thing they plan to keep one of them because if they didn't, it would be really hard on Levi to say goodbye.
Here Gabriel is playing in the little red car. He kept using the wheel as a lever to pull him self up and stand.
Gabriel had never played in the grass before...I'm not sure he knew what to think at first....
It wasn't to long though before he decided it was GREAT for pulling on.
Here Gabe is showing of his big strong sitting muscles! He is growing up WAY to fast, I don't remember it going by so fast with JOsh and Kenzie, I couldn't wait for them to crawl, walk, talk, and grow hair, but Levi and Gabe seem to grow every time I blink!

I had my roller blades in my car so I put them on. Josh followed Suit. Levi insisted he put his helmet on and ride his "bike" (the scooter). He put both feet on and I would push him. Then he ran up the neighbors steep driveway. I decided to show off and I picked him up we rolled down it. We were fine until I turned at the bottom, hit a piece of asphalt rock, and biffed! Levi was ok (thank goodness!) But my knee and elbow were pretty scraped up, and my new jeans have a nice whole in them! I forgot how much it hurts to skin your knee! I am going to be much more compassionate about that from now on.
Gabriel is sitting up and practicing his dance moves!
Hmmm...maybe the Macarena?
THeir is this really cute antique shopping center in Bellevue area. It is all colored like a little red barn and looks like a little village. Thier is a giant Chicken and Egg out front, a little park with two HUGE slides, an old fashioned merry go round, and a giant hollow catepillar. Their is also this pond with plenty off ducks (Calebs favorite animal), a chicken and a rooster t hat we love to feed. THey have a really cute kids boutique called Max and Bella. It is really expensive but, Caleb fell in LOVE with this hat. I bought him the hat and shirt. Aren't they adorable? I am going to take it back when he outgrows them so I can share it with another baby boy in my life.
span>
Wednesday the Allinsons, and the Tooles, and myself all went to the zoo. It was hectic with all 7 kids! I did manage to get a couple cute shots though.
Gabe was NOT a fan of having sun in his eyes so, we put my sunglasses on him, he loved them.
Alex enjoyed a snuggle with Baby Gabe
Gabe loved Alex
Levi was really fond of the lion statue. He didn't want to take turns.
Just a pretty bird from the aviary.
2 comments:
I loved seeing all your photos! Nice work ,as usual. I was really hit by what a blessing you are to this family that you are working for right now. They really do need you. They are lucky to have you and just try to "bloom where you are planted" (Mary Engelbreit, I think) during this season. It won't be forever and God is using all of your life experiences to be growing you into who he wants you to be. I have no doubt that God will use you in amazing ways (he already is). I will have to get those photos from you somehow. GOt to get to bed it is so late that I am almost delirious!
Joanna
Great photos V! Wow, you really have been busy!! I can now see why you haven't posted in a while! Don't forget to update us on Alex's leg!
Post a Comment