I am so blessed.
I am blessed by my teachers this term who are giving me as much time as I need to turn in my assignments so I can spend time with my family and not worry about it. I don't get internet connection on my computer and I don't have the program I need to write my papers on at my dads. They want me to spend as much time with my family as possible during this time.
I am blessed by my life long best friend Alicia, who is finally starting to call me on things and challenge me to "just do this..." or "can't you do that..." I am blessed by our walks, by our talks, that I can spend easter and the 4th of July with her family. I am blessed that when I don't bring pants to change into once it's dark, she lets me wear hers. I'm blessed that even though she's not a big fan of animals, she always wants to walk the other dog so he doesn't get left behind. I'm blessed that she knows when something is wrong, that she will come at the drop of a hat to help me or anyone in my family.
I am blessed God blessed me with such a friend. Our Moms were best friends before we were born. We are 15 days apart. We really are life long best friends. Sometimes I get angry that God gave me to sisters with depression and slight mental retardation. I get mad my Mom miscarried at least 1 baby girl, possible 2 and I wonder if they would have been my "normal" sisters. When I tell God I'm angry, he pops a picture of Alicia into my head and heart.
I am blessed to have amazing women in my life to mentor me, love me, guide me, pray for me, and all my family! I am blessed by my neighbor Rachel who always takes time to come outside and listen to me vent. I am blessed by Kiesha who encourages me to become the best Woman I can be and who just understands me and my position with my family so well. I'm blessed by Joanna who leads by example, is an amazing mom that puts her family first, who calls me when I'm out of line and isn't afraid to tell me when she thinks I may have lowered my standards, who has shown me what a healthy God fearing family can look like and who showed me that this can happen even if you came from a less than perfect family situation.
I am blessed by Kaleb, Joannas husband, who has been an amazing example of what a Godly man is like. Who is willing to make sacrifices so his kids get the best possible life. Who tutors me in math and leads me to get my first A ever in a math class and doesn't make me feel stupid when I can't see the obvious answer, or I miss a step, or erase my minus sign to make a plus sign instead of just adding a vertical line : )
I'm blessed my Dad has always been around, and made it his conviction to take care of his kids and his wife, no matter what. That he views my education as valuable and worth investing in, even if I really want to be a stay at home mom.
I am blessed by my sweet puppy who makes me smile every day, like today when she finally realized the new toy I bough her after her surgery has a squeeker in it ans she starter tossing it in the air squeeking it over and over again.
I'm blessed by the neighbor kids I babysatt years ago, who still run up to me for hugs, even the 16 year old boy : ) . And when someone asks who I am, they say Violet, our babysitter.
I'm blessed by seeing an old friend sing at the church I went to visit today, and watching as she recognized me in the crowed, smiled and nodded at me! Then gave me a big hug after service!
I am blessed that I am able to help my Dad and my grandma out, and show them the love of Christ right now.
I am blessed that God knows JUST what I need to hear in the sermon.
I am blessed I can know that the bible is the most reliable historical document and that it's words are truth and it's promises are for me, today.
I am blessed that my God is faithful, that he deems me worthy to be saved and to be bought with his blood!
I am blessed that my friend K. gets to go camping with me in a couple weeks and help fill the void of my sister not being their.
I am blessed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks and that was funny too. The + - thing.
Violet,
I was blessed by reading all of the ways you are blessed! It is a reminder to each of us to think this way. There will always be things we want to change but instead of letting that pull us down (and keep us there) we can give thanks for the many blessings we have. Thanks for reminding me of that. Speaking of which, we are very blessed for having you in our lives! I just sent you an evite for Josh's baptism Sunday, sorry it is short notice. If you can come, we'd love to have you.
Talk to you soon!
Joanna
Post a Comment