Thursday, July 31, 2008

FFF # 11 crazy hair/bed head

The Mom's of any of the children I nanny for will tell you, I LOVE to fix their children's hair. I don't have many pictures of crazy hair because I am forever parting, combing, braiding, and "doing" the kiddos hair at the start of our time together, hahaha. Most of my pictures are of them looking quite adorable in praids, comb overs, faux hawks, pony tails, head bands, etc.. However, when your caring for kids like the one's I do, all crazy, energetic, wonderful amazing kids, you have your days where you let the little things slide.




Here is Mr. Caleb. This day I had all 3 boys Alex, Ben, and Caleb home. Caleb had just woken up from a nap. He'd gone down with his hair wet and when he woke up it was crazy. It was SO cute because it has little curls, I didn't have the heart to comb in. Besides, he was likely to get popsicle in it anyway :)
Kenzie wanted to be an "upside down" turtle. Her hair of course looks crazy handing down like that. I love this picture most of all because it is so true to her personality! I love this little girl so much! She has a beautiful heart.
Getting Ben to to get is hair cut is like giving a cat a bath. He loves long crazy hair that makes him look like a mad scientist. The new thing is for me to take him for a haircut. I have slowly, each hair cut, gotten a shorter one. He looks quite handsome with short hair. It makes his big blue eyes pop out. This picture too displays Ben's personality, wild, crazy, and always good for a laugh.
Once when I took Caleb to the zoo, the wind was blowing and his hair was going up. Ben insisted I give him a "Mowhawk" so I did. Not long after this picture was taken, he got his first hair cut.
Mackenzie isn't one for REALLY liking her hair done. I don't blame her as when you brush it, 5 minutes later it's tangly and messy again. I love giving her french braids because it's so cute on her. She loves it because the next morning her hair is "curly" which she desperately wishes she had. I braided her hair about 2.5 weeks before her 7th birthday, she told her friend the next days she was leaving them in until the day of her party. She wanted it "curly" for her Princess' in Pajamas birthday. Needless to say, her parents made her undo it a day or so later. I had promised her I'd come the night before her birthday and braid it. As you can see, I kept my promise, and she had her curly hair for her princess birthday. It's a messy look in my eyes but to her, it's beautiful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great Nanny!!! All the kids look soooooo cute even with messy hair!
Mackenzie looks like a princess with her curly hair but im sure she looks like a princess with it straight too!

Have a nice weekend!

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Thanks for the comments on Lyza's hair! Love your blog...adding you to my list :-) Lyza is Guatemalan....yep, she's a Mayan baby but we were just "Lucky" to get that hair! Ha! Some days....it's a REAL job!
--Misty

ANDREEA said...

I love blond hair.....:))

Anonymous said...

Great hair pictures, enjoyed them all. have a wonderful weekend.

Becca said...

Nice to meet you! Cool pics - I have SERIOUS struggles with my daughter's hair. I wish you were our nanny!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Milk Mama said...

Hey. Oh I'm so glad that your friend stuck to her guns with breastfeeding! Good for her!!! :D

Those are really adorable photos!!! :D

Christina said...

I love doing my girls' hair too! The upside down picture is great and those wind blown "do's" always provide crazy moments!
have a great weekend!
Christina

Reba said...

I love the pictures. I could probably use some tips for you on fixing hair. The only thing I can do is put a scrunchie in to keep it out of their faces. :)
Reba

Bus and Sabra said...

Loving all that crazy hair!! :)