Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My biological grandpa (my Dads Dad) died when I was 1 1/2 years old. My Moms dad ran out on her when she was still unborn. My Moms step Dad just never really liked me. He is a very stoic person and we just never were close.
My Grandmother remarried when I was about 9. Her first marriage was painful and hard. My grandpa came to know Christ at the end but, she never knew what a Godly marriage was like. When she married Beryl, that all change. He was a sweet teddy bear of a man, tall and big. He adopted all of her grandchildren as his own. He kissed me on the forehead when I gave him a hug. He treated my Grandma like royalty, and always let her have her way. He was a great companion for her.
Beryl has struggled with his health for the past 3 years. Today he peacefully went to be will Jesus. We miss him.

Please pray for my family. We are under attack. Tomorrow my Dad has surgery, my sister is having seizures (small ones but still) and increased tremors....it's been a long road. My Grandma hasn't been doing well either. We are praying that knowing Beryl is gone will help her get better. She had been living in limbo and not knowing what would happen for a long time. We are praying she can grieve and then heal.

1 comment:

joanna said...

Wow. That is a lot going on in your family. I will pray for all of you to be comforted by Jesus. Especially your grandma, that must be hard for her. Awesome that he knew Jesus and is with him now!
I will pray for your Dad's surgery that it goes well. And for Shannon. Hang in there!
Joanna