I got 3 shots and did not like how I felt afterwards for a couple days. I also gained about 15 pds. while exercising MORE! So, I decided to see what happened if I went off. I started spotting the last couple days. These just happened to be VERY stressful days. I completely lost it emotionally! It was like P.M.S. tenfold. I was screaming at my brother, losing patience with everyone, frusterated by small things, and wanted to cry about anything and everything. I decided to google symptoms of coming off.
I found lots of information and did not like what I found. From wath I am experiencing, to more weight gain, to VERY sore and lumpy breasts that appear up to 3-5 months after the last shot, irregular periods, trouble getting pregnant...etc. etc.
I also found symptoms of being on depo. that may have been in my pamphlet but were waved off when I talked to my doctor. Such as increased ovarian cycsts. I have a history of these and had several small ones over the last few years, and depression, hot flashes, etc.
I realized I was having way more symptoms than I thought.
Now I have to choose to deal with the risks and symptoms of being on it, or go back to the nightmare periods. I'm not sure what's best for my body. The longer I'm on it, the harder it may be to get pregnant when I want to. The worse they symptoms may be coming off of it.
What to do?
1 comment:
Violet,
You will be in my prayers as you try to decide what is best. This has to be really hard. I have never had these types of issues (other than Migraines which I can kind of relate to). I will pray that the doctor will have wisdom in treating you. I can't help thinking there may be some natural treatments out there... I tend to be of the group who think the hormones in the pill, etc are not good for anyone.
Hang in there.
Joanna
Post a Comment