Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jae-Bird and Ashy- Bug



























These next two weeks I am in a whole new state, completely enjoying an entirely different climate. But mostly, I am enjoying family. Which happens to include a two week old, 5 pound baby girl named Ashlynn Grace.














Oh she is precious! I haven't been able to kiss her soft cheeks and my hands are cracking from washing and sanitizing to keep her from catching the cold I caught the day before take off (go figure, I'm always sick on "vacation").... but, I'm still getting to enjoy her A LOT! I get to dress her in the tiny Preemie clothes that are to small for some dolls but fit her just right, let her dream in my lap as I do homework, and take 1,000's of pictures!














I'm also enjoying making 5 year old big sister Jaelynn Noel feel special by playing multiple rounds of Hi-Ho-Cherrio (the new and improved, more complicated version because apparently the version my sister and I played wasn't good enough), and Candy Land. We played several rounds last night. She was bright eyed and bushy tailed at about 7am (early for her), jumping on my bed, asking Auntie Violet to play again with her. She also loves the dresses my Mom has spoiled her with, and the Mariposa barbie I got her (if your little girl wants one, DON'T get it, her wings fall off incessantly and you will hear 100's of times a day "willl you fix Mariposa's wings....please!).














I'm enjoying chit chatting with my cousin too, lounging around, and helping with practical things new mommie appreciate like doing dishes, bathing the 5 year old, and walking the overly hyper chocolate lab.














I'm excited to go see more family next week!














No comments: