Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zackery's big boy hair cut!

My nephew was born with a head full of dark brown (almost black ) hair. My sister was the same way wen she was born so it was no surprise (although his GIANT blue eyes that never changed were!). To date, he has had 3 trims. After being told he was very pretty, and him being called a princess (more then once) My sister relented and told my Mom she could get it done. This is what it looked like just a week ago:
And here is the little Monkey himself as of yesterday afternoon! I went with my Mom and we got it cut!
Doesn't he look SO grown up! Oh my goodness! How did that happen. I swear he was just a wee little 6pd baby making little monkey noises in his sleep YESTERDAY!

He is also making a lot of progress developmentally. He army crawls, gets on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, pulls up to things, and he knows how to get what he wants, he gruns "Ah". If he wants your attention he says Ah, he want something you have he grunts "Ah", and if you give him a taste of your food/drink and he wants more, he says "Ah".
He loves music and dancing. He shakes his little head in a "no" fashion, or bounces his torso up and down, it's too cute! He also enjoys playing "Peek - A - Boo". The other day my Dad was hiding behind different things and popping back out. Later that day my nephew was in his car seat and my Dad walked up to the van. My nephew turned his head to the side for a second and quickly turned it back! He was trying to get my Dad to play the game with him! When my Dad started playing again, Zack started Laughing! I also not him how to "deflate" my cheeks when I puff them up like a monkey. He finds this hilarious. I love this little boy so much!

1 comment:

joanna said...

Violet,
He is adorable and so grown-up with his hair cut. It is amazing what a difference it makes! To me, he always looked like a boy but he does have beautiful eyes and lashes. That is funny that someone called him a "princess" but sometimes that is what it takes to get their haircut off! So far, no one has mistaken Gabe as a girl, even with his longish hair. I think he just looks too manly with his big nose. But I am sure we'll get his hair cut before Christmas. They just grow up so fast!