
This pictures has been one of my favorites since it was taken in June 0f 2008. It was taken at the wedding of my best friends little brother. While we were all being seated my Dad snuggled and played with my 10 month old nephew, and I shot this pictures. My Dad looked so good, showered, clean shaven, wearing a nice blue/green button up shirt. He was looking healthy too. He had lost weight over the previous year but, at that point, not to much. Still struggling and out of work, for some reason this month he had been happier than he had for a long time. My grandpa had not yet passed, grandma was still doing well, I had just moved home. We has stress but, nothing like what was to come in just a short few weeks. Since then grandpa flew home with Jesus, grandma's health rapidly deteriorated, Dad has had two surgeries and been diagnosed with stage IV cancer, and suddenly he has aged 10 years. I know that pictures of my Dad and Nephew may always be in short demand. This pictures glimpses my Dad happy, proud, and you can see the gentle loving side of him. I hope one day it will be one of my Nephews favorites. I hope that if my nephew never gets to know my Dad, he has this to tell him my Dad loved him. If my Dad never gets to hold a child of mine, this picture will remind me that he would have loved them and held them. This picture....my Dad a Grandpa.
6 comments:
Wow what a precious picture of your father and his Grandbaby!!!!!
What a great Daughter you are!
hugs,Leslie
That is a precious photo!
You have a special dad!
Happy New Year!
Precious!
I'm still so sorry for your dad! I love that photograph, too. I like the idea of posting a favorite picture of 2008. I think I'll have to do that.
Oh, Violet! What a blessing you are! I'd love to meet Zack! Just bring him over. Anna has a sudden fascination for "babies" lol. :D Yeah, I put Anna in dresses and tights quite often. It's actually cheaper than pants and shirts in the long run lol. Tights and dresses are always welcome! Thank you so much! You are such a great friend!!! I couldn't have asked for a better one! Thanks!!! I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that you are going above and beyond. That really pulls my heartstrings! Thank you!
Oh I agree. I am glad that we've come to know each other better through blogger! I can't wait to see you when we get back in Washington. We'll be there at the end of the month. :D
I know what you mean about my mom's health and your dad's health. We have something in common. It's good to have someone who you can relate to. And maybe that's why we found each other on here. So we can talk and share how we're feeling.
I'm always here for you, Violet!
♥ Sarah
Post a Comment