Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pre-Term Labor

My cousin and her unborn baby Ashlynn need prayer! Quin went into pre-term labor today (about 4 weeks early). She started having contractions about 15-20 minutes apart. By the time she got to the hospital (her Dr. was in a meeting) they were 5 minutes apart! She was 1 cm. dialated. My cousin was worried because Ashlynn wasn't moving much. They gave her a shot to stop contractions. It didn't make her feel to good but, it did do it's job!

She had the same experience with her now 5 year old daughter Jaelynn. Pre-term labor started about the same time, they stopped it, and a week later Jaelynn make her debut at about 5pds.

Ashlynn needs AT LEAST another week to get bigger and stronger but, preferably another 2 or 3 weeks! And purely selfish reasons for her not coming yet, Jaelynn's birthday party is on Saturday. She just would not understand if Mommy went into labor and they had to cancel her party, OR if everyone gave all their attnetiont to the new baby. Jae so deserves her special day! Also, I'm flying down on the 21st. I wanted to be their when Ashynn came! I guess now I don't have to worry about her coming after I leave but, still!

Mostly, please pray for a HEALTHY baby and SAFE delivery when the day does come!

2 comments:

Milk Mama said...

OH my gosh! I had no idea! How scary! But try not to be too scared. My sister had four healthy children at 37 weeks, 28 weeks, 36 weeks, and 36 weeks. All are perfectly healthy, with the exception of Tell who has Autism and stayed inutero the longest. Go figure.
I will be praying!!!

joanna said...

Violet,
I will pray for your cousin and her baby. She is going to be a lucky lady when you get there to help her and I am sure you will have some good times together. Is she going to be taking it easy this week? I found lying down/resting and drinking lots of fluids both helped me. I hope she can make it into next week, or even better, until you get there. :)