Thursday, April 23, 2009

Praise him from whom all blessing flow!

My aunt Wendy and my Dad.

I'm sitting here, with hair still dripping, itchy skin, and jello-ish muscles because I just got home after life guarding, teaching swimming lessons, and then swimming 2,000 yards and I SOOO need a shower BUT, I just HAD to do a quick post:

Dad had a cat scan yesterday and today they read the results: as of right now they say the tumor is GONE! Not only is it GONE, their is a hole where the tumor WAS. They plan to do a PET scan in 6 weeks to be EXTRA sure, and I'm thinking they will want to biopsy the lymph nodes where it had previously spread but, they are giving us a tentative diagnosis of REMISSION!

I feel like life can begin again. I'm elated. Monday was exactly 8 years since my Uncle Died of this cancer, it was bitter sweet telling my cousins today that my Dad is beating this same cancer, and I sometimes wonder "why my Dad and not their's". But I'm grateful because my Dad needs to find peace with the Lord.

Heavenly father THANK you for this. Thank you for carrying my Dad through, for giving me strength to help him through, and for carrying me when I felt like I couldn't walk. I know your answer to our prayers isn't always "yes" but for TODAY, we rejoice that it is "yes" to our prayers that you would heal my earthly father. Please Lord, allow me to continue to be the "light on a hill" in my Dads life, help me to shine Jesus for him, and help him to seek you in his 2nd (or if you know my Dad, 3rd and 4th) chance at this life."

1 comment:

Kortney said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!