Sunday, January 6, 2008

Will vs. Way and THe Children I will have someday.

Over and over again people say: No one understands the way of God. His ways are not our ways. Yes, this is true. However, today our sermon was of Ephesians 5:15-20. Verse 17 says: Therefore do not be foolish, but undertand what the Lord's will is."

Oiy Vey! Since people always refer to not understanding Gods way, I suppose I always converted that over to His will. Or at least to some degree. I guess I know His basic will for all our lives but, the detailed will He has for my life sometimes seems hazy. He is always mixing up my plans. I know his long term will for my life, I know I'm called to be a Child of God, a Godly wife and mother, and I know I am called to minister to children and to spread the gospel. But, I often felt that I couldnt and did not know Gods will for my life NOW, or the details for later, nor was I suppose too. Obviously this scripture is saying He wants us to understand His will, and to not understand is foolish. So now, I am praying for God to reveal to me HIS will for my life, and to give me understanding for that will. For both His will for all His children (which accordingly applies to me) and His will for my life specifically.

Also, I was rereading old journals (maybe I mentioned this before), and I was reminded of a way GOd affirmed a calling I had on my life. Since I was 10 years old I dreamed of adopting a little girl from another country. I even told my mom this and since I was so young she didn't take me seriously. Throughout my childhood, especially in High School I began to feel extremely convicted to this, and not only to adopt one little girl but several children. On my mission trip to China in 2004 we took a 30 hour train trip from Harbin, to Beijing. We went through some of China's most desolate rural areas, and I saw at a stop, an woman holding a small baby who was dirty and malnourished. I wanted to bundle that baby up and take her home with me. My Pastor looked me in the eyes and said "Violet, you will adopt a baby, I know you will. In the Gods timing you will be brought back here for her." WOw, powerful words of prophecy for a girl who had been dreaming of that very thing for 10 years. Then, as I did my devotions that night, instead of going to where I had left off, I just flipped to anywhere and began reading, I came upon this passage:
Isaiah 43:5-7
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, "give them up!" and to the south " Do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar and my daughters form the ends of the earth."
I know the overall context of this isn't what I am going to say it is but, I am strongly convicted that this was Gods way of confirming plan for me to adopt children, for me it has a special meaning.

1 comment:

joanna said...

Violet,
I have no doubt that you will be a wonderful mother one day. What an exciting plan God has for your life! The way that you have loved on my children these past 9 years, along with all the other kids in your life and most recently the love you have for your nephew, makes evident the capacity for loving all children that God has given you. Not all people have this, many really don't care for children who are not their own, but you do! And that is one of the many things that makes you special and will make you a great mother one day! I can't wait to see that unfold. It will make all the waiting worth it. Don't let anyone steal away the plan that God has revealed to you in such a clear and powerful way!
Love ya,
Joanna