Theo (Papa) drove the SUV with all of our stuff and the puppy Ginger (who is a cute dachsund-chihuaha mix. I really think both breeds are quite ugly but, the mix of the two made out for a pretty cute dog.) The other 5 of us piled into Sharons (Mama) car. Originally I was to ride with Papa but, he wanted to play his music loud and thought I should bond with the new wife. It was fun, especially since Ethan wanted to sit next to his big brother, and Alyssa next to her husband, which meant I got the front seat. It's a 3 hour non-stop drive. Long drives are never fun for me if I'm not behind the wheel because I get car sick but, in the end it's worth it.
I really enjoyed getting to know Jordans wife Alyssa. She is a sweet girl. She seemed to fit right in with our little clan, and enjoyed teasing me, as well as conspiring with me to get me a man (eyes rolling). Ethan and I built a snow man in the gobs of snow that had fallen while Mama and Papa were on my side of the mountains for Christmas. We used my scarf, apples for buttons, cough drops for eyes, a granola bar for the nose, sticks for arms, and pretzels for a mouth. He turned out pretty cute. The next day we attempted to make an igloo but, the snow texture had changed and would no longer stick.
I also watched some smallville episodes with Jordan and Alyssa.
Aside from pictures of the snowman, I seriously lacked in my picture taking. I don't know why but, I didn't take any other pictures. I guess I was too busy just relaxing and enjoying everyone's company.
For new years eve, we stayed up till almost midnight, watched "Bourne Ultimatum", toasted with champagne and sparkling cider, and then headed to bed.
New years day Ethan and I repeated something we did last year, he watched the newest "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie with me. He tries so hard not to spoil it, even though he still occasionally slips and tells me some parts. I'd just like to comment here that I HATED the way they ended the movie! So dissatisfying for hopeless romantics like me who always want a "happily ever after" ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment