I am really humbled by the fact that I am car-less. Actually, it's been a blessing. I don't have to worry about oil/tune-ups/registartion/emissions tests/budgeting gas. Plus, I'm spending much more time getting exercise. I bought a bike (cheap bike, $100). But, it's comfy and just my size. It's been fun to ride to/from work, and to ride to the grocery store. My co-workers were teasing me about riding my bike. I said "yes, I officially ride a two wheeler! (as opposed to the 4 wheels on car). Silly me. Anyway, my Mom has had my nephew frequently so I've been spending extra time with him. She likes it when I take him for a run in the jogging stroller because that way she gets a break. The other day she asked me to take him on my run but, I wasn't going in the morning, my knee was bothering me. I made a statement that if I had a baby seat/carrier I could take him on a bike ride. Guess what, she bought me one! It's being used even when my nephew isn't around too! When I don't get the dogs out for a walk (mine and my brothers), I take them around the neighorhood on my bike (they run along side). My brothers Jack Russel - Spike, gets tired out a little sooner than me or my Cocker Spaniel. So, I stop, hoist him into the baby seat, strap him down, and off we go again. Kalika also enjoys sitting in their. It's pretty hilarious. At least now I know I can take Kalika if I go on long bike rides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment