So, most of you know or read that I started life guarding and teaching swimming lessons again. I'm really enjoying teaching again. Life guarding, well, I don't mind it, I'm just doing a LOT of it with long shifts and it's nerve wracking. I really enjoy being back a the pool though. It's also getting me lots of exercise as I have free access. And I've been taking me nephew a lot. Today he did the "Mommy and Me" Class with his Auntie Violet :) .
I hear a rumor that was confirmed today that a girl who has an aquatic supervisor position is leaving in March/April to pursue her masters. I talked to the "head hancho" and found it was in fact, true. So M. will be leaving. The question is if she will decide to quit her job or take a leave of absence (she can take a year). If she takes a leave of absence than someone has the potential of filling in with getting 40 hrs. and high pay (like $4 raise). If she quits we get to apply for the position. This position is Sun. to Thurs. 11am to 7pm, full benefits (medical, vacation, sick leave), increased pay rate..... yadda, yadda, yadda. I talked to my boss about what it takes to obtain this position as far as qualifications and how he felt about me applying. He said he thought I'd be a great fit for the job (he really likes me!) and that I'd have to get my Water Safet Instructor license (already planning to do that in Dec.). He said having my Life guard instructor permit would be a "one up" on anyone else who applies ( so willing to do that!). He ALSO said that since I have plenty of college behind me, 4 years experience at the pool, great references, and just need to transfer 1 class to get my AA, I'd be a likely candidate. THe other girls interested are 3-4 years younger, have had less time at the pool and little to no college.
Why I want this position: It's fun. I'd get to come up with new ideas for teaching lessons, I get to train people to be a life guard, make employee schedules, etc. (all things I've never really done but think I'd be good at).
I'm good with people. This means I get to work with the public. Parents, kids, etc. I'd love the opportunity to help meet the needs of our community as far the the pool goes.
Obviously.... full benefits.
The schedule works for me! I'd still get to make the early service at church, or I can go Sat. night. Since my schooling is online I can do that too.
I can see myself staying for awhile. Even thought I graduate in June-ish, I'm not sure where/when I want to go to graduate school. With this work schedule I can take a spanish class or american sign language class in the morning (something I've always wanted to do). I can probably afford a small 1 or 2 bedroom apt. for me and my pupper-roo. I may even be able to do what I've always wanted to do and be a respite foster care giver.
It's in the community I grew up in. My family and friends are here. It's just a good way to begin on my own two feet.
I'd have an amazing boss.
Anyway, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and I'm praying about it a lot but, I'd really like this position!!!!
1 comment:
Sounds great! How exciting this opportunity is! Keep praying and hopefully it will work out. Ypou'd be great at this, let me know if you need any more letters of reference.
Hope you are having a good week!
I found out Josh's football games are 9:45-12, still need to work out all the details as Kaleb and Josh have to be there at 8 and the rest of us do NOT need to be there all day.
Talk to you soon,
Joanna
Post a Comment