We've had some excitment yesterday and today. The boys, the girls (meaning both the boys dog, a chocolate lab, and my Dog) and I went for a walk that was well over a mile. Thankfully it was all down hill and we had a ride home. The sun actually came out and stayed out yesterday. We took advantage of the weather and packed a picnic dinner for the park. I put the food in an ice chest, and put the ice chest in a wagon for Ben to pull. He also walked my dog. I walked the lab, had Caleb in an Ergo Carrier on my back, and pushed Alex's wheel chair. I am sure we were a sight to see! The boy's mom met us at the park after work and we all played, ate, and headed home, being completely exhausted.
Today marked Caleb peeing on the potty 2 days in a row for me!! Yesterday he sat on a little potty while he watched Dora. I let him sit for about 30 minutes so I could get some schooling done with Ben before nap time. Today he woke up from his 3 hr. nap dry. I put him right on the potty, watching Dora again. He went pee on the potty. Of course he got a treat. He likes taking the pee to the big potty and flushing. I don't actually think he is ready for real potty training yet. He rarely wakes up dry (never in the morning), and he just doesn't show any other signs of being ready. Today he didn't realize he peed until I had him stand up and look. I think it's good for him to see that he can put something in the potty though. It's a start. He may be ready to slowly work on peeing in the potty at least. The pooping is going to take time.
Other news, it's my last full week of this sessions summer classes. I worked Mon. /Tues, my Aunt is coming from out of state and spending all day Wed. with my portion of the family, Thurs. I have tutoring, and amidst that, I am moving. Busy Busy. My actually term ends next WEd. and the new classes begin thurs. I'm taking social Psychology, and Children and Violence. That second one should be depressing. It feels good to be back in school though!
Have a good week!
Violet
No comments:
Post a Comment