Thursday, September 11, 2008

FFF # 16: returning the favor


Ok, this theme might be a little hard for Sarah to use for everyone but...what the heck. It could be called " That latest addition" which, by the way Sarah, I think would be great because it could be interpreted so many ways: an addition to a house, an addition to a toy collection, an addition to the family..... If you want to know why I titled it as I did....go check out the story at the end. In the short: My mom bought me my Dog so, I bought her this one..... Meet the newest addition to our family: Twylight!

Here is the story behind the title: When I was almost 20 I moved back home from college. I was feeling kind of lonely with my LIFE LONG best friend out of state, and leaving all my friends still back at school. My Mom is bipolar and went through a SERIOUS depression after her hysterectomy, which was at the beginning of my freshman year. She had said she'd take care of the dog I had back then but because of her depression, she flew to Florida to get some sunshine, some vitamin D, and a wake up call from her sweet, amazing, wonderful, loving, favorite Aunt who is also Christian and good at giving you a swift kick in your tush! When she came back she was still depressed and the dog was being neglected by everyone else living in the home. I made the decision to find her a good home. Ironically, I really see how God gave me that dog to train up for the family I gave her too. They had desperatly wanted another Jack Russel. They're elderly dog had just passed. However they did not feel a puppy was a good match because they had a 2 year old daughter who might be a bit rough. They saw my add. They fell in love. Kelsey has an amazing home. She fit right in and is loved to death. One of the families kids name is Kelsey, and the dog Klsey especially bonded to the kid Kelsey. The kid has anxiety and would wake up many times a night. Since Kelsey the kid got Kelsey the dog, she sleeps through the night because apparently Kelsey the dog protects her. Kelsey the dog is even considered an aid dog and goes everywhere with Kelsey they kid.
My Mom felt so bad when she pulled out of her rut that I had to get rid of my Dog. When I moved home from college a friend of mine told me about a litter of cocker spaniels a friend of her had. The mommy dog was hit by a car so they were finding homes now. (they were 5 weeks old). I had wanted a cocker spaniel since ours was stolen out of our back yard when I was 5 years old. My friend and I went and looked a them, I took a pouty face picture of me snuggling with one of the pups, and my mom went later that day and bought her for me.
Now, my Moms buddy, Gizmo, a shih tzu is living without any other dogs for the first time. He is also aging. Gizmo will only be with us for a few more years. My mom has been thinking about getting a puppy for awhile to be a companion for Gizmo, to help with the blow of losing him in a few years, and so it can grow up with my nephew. I found this puppy in our local paper and new she was the perfect fit! Happy late Birthday and Merry Early Christmas Mom! She loves this pup. Gizmo likes her too!

9 comments:

Janet and Maya said...

Awwwwwww!!!! What a face....she is the PERFECT addition. Love your theme!

Janet and Maya
www.mayasheartsong.blogspot.com

Bus and Sabra said...

Goodness, what a cute little puppy!!! We have Pekineese/Shitzus, and they are so sweet and cuddly! Love your idea for a them!
-Sabra

Tracy said...

That little puppy is so cute!

Sarah said...

What a sweet puppy... looks like our little shih tzu, Tucker! Enjoy your new addition!

Anonymous said...

New addition is a great theme!!! Your pup is sooo adorable!

hugs,Leslie

Beck said...

Oh my, that's the cutest little doggie ever! What a sweet face (: Makes me want to go out and get a dog...almost! Have a wonderful weekend!
Rebecca

Hannah said...

What a cute doggies face!!

Hannah

pureheaven said...

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! We just got a puppy last week. Happy Housebreaking!!!!! Let me know what works.

Rebekah said...

Oh how cute is she ... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name - how original is that ... she is as sweet as ever! Have a great weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2