Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reece's Rainbow (a 2nd FFF post!!!)

Ok, So I know this is technically my 2nd FFF post this week but, I just thought it fitting to also put this one up as FFF. This is something I recently discovered:

If you know me at all, you know I have a huge place in my heart for adoption, and an equally huge place for special needs kids.

When I came across this website that meshed my to passions together I was in tears wishing I was in a place to help in a bigger way. All of these SPECIAL children are waiting with HOPE to find a forever family, BEFORE they are sent to institutions, labeling them un-adoptable, and where they are likely to die within a short amount of time. And I have Hope that God has bigger plans for these angels than that. I have hope that some day I can give a home and a family to a child like this, Maybe even from this website.

I'm not sure it's legal to copy these pictures so....I'm only leaving them up for a few days.
All these pictures are from http://reesesrainbow.com and they are kids currently waiting for homes.

Top: Dollie: Hydrochephaly Bottom: Hallie: Healthy: "different arm and hand"

Top: Sophie: Autism Spectrum Bottom : Garret: Lazy Eye, Clubbed Feet, Shortened Femures (all correctable with surgery he can get in the U.S.A, he is healthy. Isn't he beautiful!!!!
Top: Andrew: Hep. B positive: Otherwise Healthy Bottom: Dane: probable FAS, heart defect

Top: Ruslana: Down Syndrome Bottom : Anna: High Functioning Down Syndrome


Top: Ilya: Downsyndrome Bottome:Andre: Downsyndrome
www.reecesrainbow.com

It's an adoption website, primarily for kids from Russia, and primarily kids who have downs syndrome. However, their are kids from many other countries: China, South America, Africa.... the list of countries is 23. Their are also children with various disabilities from cerebral palsy, to heart defects, and even children who are simply older or have siblings that hope to be adopted together. One little girl was perfectly healthy except for "arm and hand differences".

What I love about this website is, it has photos and information about each child. I can see their faces and pray for them. What I love even more is you can contribute to the child's "adoption fund". Some of these kids have up to $5,000 dollars donated towards their adoptions (this can cover up to 1/4 of total cost, including travel expenses). Some kids have a FULL adoption grant. The website tells you how much it should cost total for adopting a child from a specific country. It also tells you how often and for how long you have to travel, if 1 or both parents have to travel, if single women can apply....

One little girl just captured me.... A 3 year old with HUGE blue eyes, soft brown curly hair. She was labeled as being on the Autism spectrum but otherwise healthy. If you ask me, she looks like she just need a little love, and one on one attention. Her name is Sophie and she is pictured above. She has a simple short dossier and her adoption is estimated to cost UNDER $16, 000. If I were married (as required by her Countries Law) and I had a steady job, I'd consider adopting her. ( Of course I'd consdier adopting all of them if I could) Please pray for a family to choose her soon.

Hallie is another precious girl on this page. She is a perfectly healthy little girl, she is the one with "hand and arm differences". She must be adopted by a Christian family but, Single women may apply. She also captured my heart.

Not to mention, Dolly, Katrina, Eva & Dana. On the boys page: Garret (that smile could melt anyone!), Andrew, Eddie, Dane (Oh my goodness, look at those eyes!), Kiril (so happy, such a darling smile),

On the lagre grants page: Ruslana, Annalise, Daniel.

Really, they all touch me.

Please, go take a look at more of these ANGELS and pray for them. If you can, donate to their adoption fund. Maybe even praying about bringing one into your family. I will consider it an honor when my season comes and I am able to bring a child home.... perhaps even from this site.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

When I think of HOPE, like you i think of all the special needs kids, especially those without a home.

Our daughter, adopted from Guatemala, has special needs, and I can't help but think that if she was never adopted, there is no way she would have survived..

My prayers go out to all the children. Thank you for two really great posts. I'm inspred today

Anonymous said...

I HOPe one day all orphans find loving homes!

Hugs,Leslie

Pineapple Princess said...

Beautiful post about HOPE! So glad you blogged about this. Who knows...maybe one of these angels will find a forever family now!

Tracy said...

These are two very special posts! Those children are beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Great idea to post this for FFF;HOPE! These kids are beautiful little blessings. The one that "gets" me the most is Dane. He looks so sad. I will pray for these kids that no matter what path life leads them down, they find PEACE and HOPE.

Robyn said...

My heart breaks for these children!! I pray they all find loving homes!!

Robyn

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh .. all of those kiddos are BEAUTIFUL!!! I want them all... Ü
How sweet of you to share your love of them to others!!