Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lydia

I dreamed about her again. My little girl. If their is one thing I am certain of it's that God has promised me this child.

When I was 10 I began dreaming of being a mommy....to a little girl. As I got older these dreams got more frequent and more detailed.

Whenever I dreamed that I had but one child, no matter the age, it was a girl.

Whenever I had mulitple children in a dream, the most vivid images were of a girl, and she was always the oldest.

Whenever I dreamed I was pregnant with my first child....It was a a girl.

It's that same way today.

Normally I can see her figure, I can pick her up and feel her, I can talk to here and hear her voice but, I can never see her face or her features. Once, I did see her face. She had soft brunette curls. Big lock girls like I had as a toddler. And she had giant blue eyes. Just like my nephews. In fact, I was taken a back when his turned from that new baby blue to a bright blue because they looked just like her eyes. She had long, immensely dark eyelashes and she was about 2 years old.

When I was 16 I told my small group leader about these dreams. She said God was giving me visions of this daughter for a reason. I should pray for her and for all my children. When I see a school, pray for her time at school, when I see a playground, pray for her times at play and with her friends....whenever i think of her pray for her.

I did begin praying. I prayed God would make me the kind of mother she needs. I prayed she would love him and know him from the beginnig of her life. I prayed she would be mighty in his kingdom. I prayed I woudl have wisdom raising her and helping her get through trials.

6 weeks later he gave me her name. I was sitting in my Dads red recliner, legs curled up under me, doing homework. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. I was in my favorite place, a giant rock on Kayak point over looking the ocean and it was a sun rise (I prefer them to sunsets....that for another day. When I go here, about 2-4 times a year, I sit cross legged and I journal, pray, read my bible. This time it was just me. My hair was down and being blown by the wind. I was wearing a red skirt that was being blown too. I had been talking to Jesus about my daughter. I had been asking him about her (I can't recall the questions or the answers) but suddenly I very vividly heard a whisper "and her name will be Lydia..." at this point I sat up in the chair in my living room. I looked up the name Lydia.

Lydia is the woman at the well. She is the woman who claimed her and her house will serve the Lord. She opened her home to travels. Her entire family became followers of the Messiah. She is the example of a hospitable woman who runs a hospitable home.

Her home is exactly what I had been praying my own home would be since I was 8 years old. She is an example of what I want to be.

And my daughters name will be Lydia.

No comments: