Yesterday had a sad little element to it. I went to church with my best friend, had a good time, and then my friend and I went to her house to get some jogging clothes. We were less than a block away and her sister calls us crying.
They live on 5 acres and have a feral mama cat with her 3 kitties living in the brush on their property. Since their are 9 kids in the family, the parents drive a 15 passenger fan. One of the kitties ran in the street and got hit by it when the dad was pulling out. He did not realize it but, the neighbor saw it. The little kitten either ran or was thrown into the pushes and died. It was so sad!
Being the "calm in crisis" person that I am, I took head of the situation as my friend and her sister were both too sad and too scared to deal with it. So, we got gloves, and old towel, and a shovel, and I picked the small kitty up. I don't think he was actually run over because his little body was intact. In fact his positioning under the bushes tells me he actually did try to run off. I'm pretty sure the impact caused internal bleeding which killed him quickly. He was so floppy and may have had a broken neck and definately had a broken leg. I was nauseated but, I wanted this little guy to be buried respectfully. My friend was a little creaped out because I was "holding it like a baby". I believe all things should be treated with care and respect, dead or alive. I did hold him, wrapped in a towel, up agains my body. And I closed his eyes. He was such a beautiful kitten, my favorite kind actually, an orange and white tabby.
We buried him under a huge tree in the woods he lived, and we stacked logs on top so coyote's and other animals won't dig him up.
Since he was a feral kitten he didn't have a name. We name him Rav, or R.A.V. because those are the initials of us who burried him.
Goood by RAV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww that's so sad! :( When I was little, my sisters were carrying a huge log and dropped it on a kitten. He was dying, so he was pooping all over the place. It was terrible. But death, and dealing with death, is an important part of life. Even if it is hard.
To copy the award, just right click and save the image to your computer, then upload it from your computer to your blog. :D
Violet, I just saw your post on my blog, and I am in no way offended. But, Down Syndrome can be fatal, if the child has a heart condition. That's all I meant by it. Maybe I need to clarify, but if my child had Down Syndrome and no fatal heart defect, ending the pregnancy would never enter my mind.
Post a Comment