This weeks theme is disorderly conduct. Well, even though my room does get frequently messy, I don't take pictures of it. I have hard copies of messy cabins from summer camp but, they aren't accesible. This is the best I could do.
A couple months ago Ben, Caleb and I went "puddle jumping" in our new rain boots. We thought mud walking would be fun too. Until.... we went walking on the river bank and I went closer to the waters edge (still pleny far away mind you), and suddenly fell waist deep in sand mud! Caleb was in a back pack on my back. I knew it was really cold and I was stuck. My cell phone was in a pocket under the mud, and I couldn't pull my legs out. We had passed a boat lauch where I saw a man in a truck and a cop clocking speeders going over the bridge. I reluctently sent ben to get help. He got the man in the truck and said " you have to crawl out". gee, thanks for the great advice! I thought I'd just life my legs and walk on top of the mud all over again so I can sink chest deep! Well, Ben threw me a stick and I shoved it along side one led and then pushed it away to creat an air pocket, then I scooped mud frantically away from my legs and miraculously water didn't fill the void. I got both my legs free with both my boots on and baby safe and snug on my back...since he had rainboots, rain pants, and a rain coat on, he was dry too. We had to go the long way back to my car and I had to strip to my under garments (which were wet too) in the parking lot of the park. Ben thought that hilarious. That was VERY scary. God saw us through it though. Here is a picture of my coat and jeans post scare.....they were never the same and had to be thrown out! Ugh!!!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness - that story is scary! That happened to me when I was a kid and I lost my shoes but never with a baby ... how scary indeed! But a great story nonetheless ... and messy is an understatement! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
Oh my gosh! That's a scary story! I'm glad you guys got out ok!
That's a funny story you left on my blog. I had a couple of times like that when Anna was a newborn and she pooped then started pooping mid-change again. Newborns can be that way. I miss the newborn stage. *sigh*
You're right... His timing is always perfect!
Well, since the experience is over and you are safe - I am going to laugh! (Glad He blessed and protected you!)
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Post a Comment