Thursday, June 19, 2008

FFF # 7 Daddy and Me.

I just got home from a math tutoring session. I need a little play time before I start writing my last 4 papers. So, since tomorrow is babysitting for 2 separate families from 9 am to 5 pm, and then homework, I will post my FFF today!

This week, in Honor of Fathers Day, we are posting Daddy and me pictures. Here are some pictures of My Daddy and I when we were little, and some of my Dad with my other siblings.
I love my Dad so much! We haven't always gotten along but, I've grown to respect him and understand him more than I ever thought I would. We are actually a lot alike. He has sacrificed so much to make sure we always had what we needed. He has worked hard is whole life. I know many men who would have walked away for far less than what my Dad has put up with. I'm proud to call him my dad






I wanted to honor my Uncle Scott in this post too. He lived with me off and on in my early years, and has been a father figure. He always spoke of Christ, and encouraged my relationship with Him. He wrestled with us a lot, and in the process taught his nieces to be strong and be able to defend themselves. I'm very excited he will get to Father his own child very soon! I love you Uncle Scott! 
This is my Daddy and I. I was about 3 here. We were at a petting zoo. 
This is my Other Uncle, Steve. Here he is with my 2 cousins when they were young. They love him so much. He was a great Father and a great Uncle. I don't know how he managed to become such and important part of my life when he lived in another state. He managed to make each of us (my siblings and I) feel special and loved via visits every couple of years, and phone calls. He was the ultimate jokester and made everyone laugh. His kids have the utmost respect for him. He went to be with Jesus in April of 01. We miss him. 
I was such a daddies girl. I loved snuggling up with him on the couch. I can't believe that we both fit on it together at one time! 
My Dad and all his girls.
This is a recent picture of my Dad with my Nephew. We all got to spend time with Z. at a wedding. My Dad loves this little guy. I can't wait to see him with my kids.
Daddy and me....this was taken near the place I was conceived....so I've been told.
My Dad, Cousin and I on my first birthday.
Daddy Chasing me around on my 1st birthday.
This is my parent wedding. My Dad is holding me, I'm the baby. My sister is in front of my Mom. 

6 comments:

MLP said...

What great pics and such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sarah said...

Love all the retro pictures! I need to scan some in too... priceless! You have some amazing men in your life!!

Rebekah said...

All your pictures this week are GREAT! I love looking at old pictures ... I can tell your dad is loved ... thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are soooooo beautiful! I have never been close to my father so it was great to see you close with yours!!!! Love it! you are Blessed!

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Hi Love all those family pictures!
they are precious!

the flores family

Marianne said...

Love the old family pictures...very special.