Over the years that changed and we have all thought for various reasons my Uncle was unable to have children. When he married his wife Christina and they had trouble conceiving we were almost certain, even rudimentary tests came back as "inconclusive". It had been nearly 4+ years of marriage and 6+ of relationship and they were drawing the conclusions that biological children were not in their future. My Aunt had a precious daughter at a tender age whom she honorable handed over the care of to an amazing couple who could provide her with a Mother and Father as well as a stable life. This possibility of not having another baby over her own meant to be raised by her, was hard. Watching her hold my nephew at Christmas time I could see the pain and sadness in he spirit as she smiled over him and oohed and aahed. Little did she know, she was either barely or soon to be....PREGNANT!!!
My Aunt is 6 mths. pregnant. A couple months ago my Aunt told me the names picked out. I must admit I wasn't terribly fond of the girls name they had chosen. I liked both names just not together and they didn't seem "right". However, I loved the boy name and for some reason I thought "it's going to be a boy."
A couple weeks ago I had a dream of my Uncle walking hand in hand with a little boy. When I woke up I prayed about it, was this a message or just a dream? That day I called him and asked him what he thought it was. He said he didn't know but two people were certain it was a girl and one felt God was telling him such. God has spoken to me in dreams before. I felt confirmation it was a boy when I prayed about it. But, being of little faith and not wanting to doubt anothers ear for Gods still small voice I kept my dream and convictions to myself.
Today was the ultra sound. It's a boy. His name will be...Joshua Blair. God has amazing plans for this little boy. I can feel it and when I think about it I tremble, my heart leaps. It feels so right. Gods timing is perfect and his will is to be done. What stands out in my mind is that Joshua is sometimes considered a form of Jesus. Jesus restored humanity to God. We could say Jesus means "restoration". WE could say Joshua means "restoration" or "restored/restorer". I feel that God is telling me Joshua is to be the restoration my Uncle needs....restoration for the lost and wasted years of his youth when he wasn't following Christ, Restoration of the relationship he should have had with his own father, restoration of pains and wounds that even I know not of. Yes, this baby was called for "such a time as this". I know he was. I am in tears of joy over him. I can't wait to meet him. Joshua also means "God rescues" and "God is salvation". No truer words can be spoken. And God has rescued my Uncle....he has rescued each of us. He has saved us. What an honor for my Uncle and Aunt to give this baby that name honoring our King, God, the Lord most high. Joshua in the bible was a leader. He led the Israelites into new lands. Maybe our Joshua will be a leader too.
I'm excited to find out, to watch this "fetus" be born and see his baby face, to watch him become a toddler, a little boy, an adolescent, a teenager, a young man.....I hope and pray I have the honor to be able to see these.....
1 comment:
Joshua Blair. That's a really great name!!! Congrats!!!!!
Post a Comment