Sunday, May 11, 2008

Love my Dog, yes I do!



Here are some pictures of sweet Ruby and Kalika.

So, Ruby is and adorable kid. I was her nanny for her 1st year of life before I moved home. Now I am back in her area, and watching her on some fridays. This kid has an amazing personality and the best belly laugh ever! I like to make her laugh a lot because it makes me smile. It isn't hard. She laughs so easily, such a joyful child!
Ruby doesn't have a dog and she loved spending time with Kalika last friday. Here she is telling Kalika "secrets". Kalika loved her as well.
Kalika was enjoying the attention and snuggles. Ruby would rub her tummy and feed her pieces of grass, which Kalika likes to chew on. 
Here is Kalika, she is keeping an eye on another dog. She was so good. I had her off leash for a few minutes at the park and she stayed right by Ruby.
Here Ruby is having fun walking Kalika. 

I have been blessed with such a sweet little dog. Some people say I spend to much money on her or am a bit rediculous (she has a sweater and a dress) with her. But, hey, I don't have kids so I can spoil her. She has the funniest antics. When she plays with her "best doggy buddies" she makes this growling sound that sounds like talking. She only does it with her favorite dog friends. When my nephew is on the couch or floor playing, she goes to sit or lay right next to him, I guess she likes to guard him. If she sees a pillow on the floor, she goes over too it and puts her head on it, with her paws under it and takes a nap that way. She loves being in my car. Even for hours at a time. She is fine in her kennel but, she is so much happier being in my car. I think she knows she is sort of with me when she is in my car plus, it's like her den. She loves Alex, the oldest of the kids I nanny. When he is on the floor, she tries to lay on top of him. She will randomly sneak upstairs to his room if he isn't up yet, or isn't home to check on him. Often she wants to try an jump in his bed. She is allowed to do this if she recently had a bath, in which case she  curls up behind his legs, and rests her head on his knees. She loves squirrels and birds. She would stay right by my side if it weren't for those critters. I have to keep her leashed because if she sees one, she will bolt across the street after it. She loves to chew on ice and thinks she is getting a treat when I give her a cube. Kalika likes to roll in the grass but, hates being outside without me. She can be a brat sometimes. She goes balistic if she hears knocking or the door bell. She barks like crazy. She sneaks food of the counters when no one is looking, and she loves cat food. One time we put a baby gate against a wall and a show rack and created a space she couldn't get to the cat food with. THe end of the shoe rack wasn't enclosed, and one day she figured out how to crawl through the bottom shelf and into the space. 
Kalika loves kids, dogs, nice cats, and babies. She is getting fixed at the end of the month, and I kind of feel like I am sending my kid for major surgery. I'm nervous about it. 



1 comment:

Milk Mama said...

Ow! That looks bad! Maybe you broke it? Ruby is so pretty!!!