My family is going through some tough times. I have said/done things that one minute I feel was the right thing, and the next I feel like it wasn't. I keep praying about it and thinking about it. These scripture verses fly through my mind and I apply them to the situation. While the verses in and of themselves aren't contradictory, when applied to the circumstances in becomes contradictory. Ugh. Too often I want to "get people saved". I really think God is telling me to "take the plank out of my own eye". I know doing that will probably dramatically change my day to day life and approach to various situations. I know I am very opinionated, often judge-mental, and I sin with my words to often, I had a hard time keeping my tongue under control.
My most current frustration though is, I'm not sure I should apologize about two somethings I did. I did and said somethings, and I really DON'T feel it was the WRONG thing to do/say. If I apologize it will seem like I was wrong. This thing I did/said, I know hurt the other people. I know that IF I apologize they MIGHT be willing to actually talk to me again. And if I don't...who knows? I'm must not sure what's more important, my relationship with these persons, which is constantly complicated and causing me to walk on egg shells, or that I stand by what I believe. I know at least the thing I said was said out of anger and pain, which is never good. So, if I apologize for just that, my reacting out of anger and pain, even if what I said was true and would not have been heard otherwise, is that enough??
Lord, PLEASE give me wisdom. I need it Soooo desperately. And Patience. And strength plus trust to commit these people to you!
2 comments:
Hi Violet,
I don't know the whole situation but maybe you could just say that you are sorry that what you said hurt them? Rather than apologizing for saying that what you said was wrong. Does that make sense? Hope you and everyone else there feels better soon!
Joanna
Hi Violet. First, Thanks for your comment on my Blog. Second, I agree w/ Joanna's post. Third, I am sorry you aren't feeling well...hang in there.
Post a Comment