Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 years old....Johsua!!!

A decade ago...my buddy Joshua was born, November 20th. His family or siblings have been spotlighted here a few times :0). Josh, Joshua, Joshy, Monster, Turd, kiddo, Bud, any of these are nick names I've used for him. He was 3 months old when I met him, and I was 12. He became the first baby I was to babysitt for. And 10 years later, I am still his and his 3 siblings babysitter. I love them as much as I love my nephew, and I love being a part of their lives. It has been an honor to watch him grow from a smiley adorable baby, to an active, loving, "tween". Josh talked early, was always on the go, and made me smile after I lost my best friend. He broke his ankle on my trampoline, sang "Up on the roof top" to me when he wasn't even 3 and remember the lyrics better than I ever could, called be "Bilet" for the longest time, prays for me when I say I have a headache, makes me laugh all the time. He loves God, and this summer proclaimed it publicly with the obedient action of being water baptized. I've never met such a compassionate kid. He prays for the child they sponsor from Africa, when his baby brothers cry and I'm babysitting he always want's to help comfort them, He likes to help me bake, and enjoys one on one time with me. He worries when his sister doesn't feel well. Josh loves to give me big bear hugs, he likes to squeeze the air out of my lungs. He enjoys asking me questions about the bible and sharing with me what he has learned. Even though he is an excellent reader he still likes to have me read him a story. He respects me in a way some 5 year olds don't and even when he is disobedient, he is very apologetic in a sincere way, he really wants to be a good boy. He is an amazing young man, and I am so blessed to know him. He even loves my puppy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! I HOPE YOUR HAVING FUN AT YOUR PARTY TONIGHT! I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WII WITH YOU ON Thanksgiving. Your amazing, and I'm excited to see you grow over the next 10 years... by then you will be a young man, and practically my age!!!






1 comment:

joanna said...

Thanks, Violet, for the birthday wishes for Joshua. What would we have done without you for the past 10 years? I know he loves you, too.
We are proud of him, and of the many ways we see God working in his life. It is very exciting as we see him growing up. Thanks again!
Joanna