Wednesday, November 12, 2008

California from the ground up

Leaving California was bitter sweet. I loved seeing my family and snuggling my new born niece. I'm sad that the next time I see her she is likely to be walking and babbling, eating solid foods, etc.  I enjoyed the sunshine and getting to know my cousins more. I liked getting to do Jaelynns hair in fun and creative ways, and getting to know my cousins more. I really like spending time with my cousin Quin who is so gracious to always let me stay with her. But, I must admit, I was ready to go home. Ready for my own bed, for puppy kisses and snuggles from Kalika, to hold my sweet nephew and blow raspberries on his cheek, to smell the freshness after a down poor, and cozy up next to the wood stove with a novel..... To hug my Dad, and kiss my Mom, and even fight with my brother. Leaving home always makes you appreciate coming back, no matter how stressful, dysfunctional, and wet it is :). California has a beauty of it's own. I must say, it looks better from the sky :). It's a fun new perspective seeing the world from "up their". It's more whole. We can't see the whole picture like God can but when I fly, I feel like I'm getting a better view. I feel like I see the world, that is Gods creation, a little more the way HE sees it. He doesn't see the Mojave desert as too hot and bright, or the Seattle overcast as rainy and dull, it's all beauty to him. I wonder what other things we could have a better view of if we allowed God to lift us up a bit to see it, out of our own selfish ways, out of our poor circumstances, out of self pity, out of wordly views, and man made/found wisdom.... what could we see if we let God lift us above all of that, even just a few feet above it. Perspective is everything, and I want Gods perspective. I want his perspective of me, of my sister, of my grandmother, and my coworkers. Take my supervisor. He does not see her like I do, he doesn't see a lying, abortion supporting, back stabbing, tramp like my coworkers call her behind her back. He sees a hurt, broken, lonely, confused young woman who needs to be loved. He would not repay evil for evil because he sees how broken she is. What if I see her the way God does? What if I rise about what my coworkers see, and treat her the way I would if I saw her how God sees her? Anyway, enough parables....here are the pictures:




No comments: