Andrew and his younger but, bigger brother Jordan.
Those who knew Andrew, knew he had a "heavenly" or "out of this world" element to his eye. This picture is the closest you can get to capturing it but, it doesn't do it justice.
This picture I love because it is how I remember Andrew looking most.

This picture I love because it is how I remember Andrew looking most. 
Andrew and I at one of my dances. The next night we went on a cruise banquet for his school. I do not know what possessed me tow ear heals. That was silly. Oh well.


This is the last picture taken of Andrew, with his dear Papa. I think it was taken a day or two before he died, maybe even the day.
Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of Andrews death. Brief recap: Andrew was my first boyfriend. He died at 15 years old from rejection of transplant organs. He "suffered" with severe cystic fibrosis. Andrew lived his life with a child like faith, and joy. He faced fears and pains no child should ever have to face. God gave him and I something special. I was his only earthly romance, and he taught me how a gentleman treats a lady. The relationship was nothing short of God ordained, and crafted especially for us. I am greatly honored to have known him in this life, and I know we will be reunited one day in the eternal kingdom of our lord. One of the last thing Andrew breathed was "Come as a child... or not at all". He said something about getting the scripture as a tattoo on his chest. I have "Come as a child..." tattooed on my foot. Each year the day gets a little easier to actually celebrate but, I also get sad. Andrew was my best friend, and I found in his family what I had needed for year. They are still a big part of my life, I even call his parents Mama and Papa. I hope you enjoy these pictures of Andrew with various people. If I knew how to make a movie with music, I would... and the song would be "Wouldn't it be nice" by the beach boys. The song Andrew deemed "ours" in a journal entry he wrote to me while in the hospital. I never heard the song until he died. It is one of the only things that reminds me of Andrew which still makes me cry....
Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of Andrews death. Brief recap: Andrew was my first boyfriend. He died at 15 years old from rejection of transplant organs. He "suffered" with severe cystic fibrosis. Andrew lived his life with a child like faith, and joy. He faced fears and pains no child should ever have to face. God gave him and I something special. I was his only earthly romance, and he taught me how a gentleman treats a lady. The relationship was nothing short of God ordained, and crafted especially for us. I am greatly honored to have known him in this life, and I know we will be reunited one day in the eternal kingdom of our lord. One of the last thing Andrew breathed was "Come as a child... or not at all". He said something about getting the scripture as a tattoo on his chest. I have "Come as a child..." tattooed on my foot. Each year the day gets a little easier to actually celebrate but, I also get sad. Andrew was my best friend, and I found in his family what I had needed for year. They are still a big part of my life, I even call his parents Mama and Papa. I hope you enjoy these pictures of Andrew with various people. If I knew how to make a movie with music, I would... and the song would be "Wouldn't it be nice" by the beach boys. The song Andrew deemed "ours" in a journal entry he wrote to me while in the hospital. I never heard the song until he died. It is one of the only things that reminds me of Andrew which still makes me cry....
Ironically, the short year and a half I knew Andrew, and the shorter 8 months we were a couple, were one of the most healing times for me. I can't explain if fully. I found a save haven in him an his family, A place to be me, a place of safety and peace. A place of understanding and acceptance. A place of unconditional love.
1 comment:
That was a beautiful post, Violet! I'm sorry you lost your friend, but praise God for the reassurance that he is with Jesus!
Hi! I'm just dropping in to say that I've got a giveaway on my blog. I'd really like if you signed up for it. :) Sorry for the short post. I don't have much time! Thanks!
Sarah
Post a Comment